Monday, January 9, 2012

2012 already

Oh boy, I still haven't been able to beat 2 posts per year! This is terrible. I'll just consider this a restart then. Right now we're coming off a very very busy time. I've been helping my mom out after her shoulder surgery and we had puppies, guinea pigs and rats for Christmas. So a lot of babies needing cared for. Now we're down to just the permanent residents. Go down to the bottom of the post to meet one of my critters.

Right now, I have a few crafty projects in the works:
Nunchucks - knit on the loom and toddle sized, very cool.
Pot protectors - crochet, to go between the pots in the cabinets, requested by Dad.
Christmas garland - crochet, for my tree next year
Rock rug - crochet and loom knit, it's been in progress for over a year now!

Of course there are more crafty projects on deck:
Numchucks for dogs and maybe cats
Sticks of dynamite for dogs and cats

I also always have a wish list of things I'd like to start soon but don't have the plans / patterns or materials for yet, so they can't really be considered on deck:
New purse for myself
Rag rugs

Meet Firefly's General Disarray aka Ray aaka Noodle
Ray is an 8 year old Shih Tzu. He thinks that he is king of the house, and about 8 feet tall. a lot of little dogs have that problem but so far it hasn't gotten Ray into too much trouble. He is a bit big and stocky for a Shih Tzu, but that is just about perfect. He's basically a bulldog in a Shih Tzu suit. Ray's favorite crafts are soft toys to chew on, like fleece braided ropes, stuffed balls and unstuffed critters.

No comments: